What is Freedomville?
Freedomville is an exciting game that will help you learn the basics about how to make a positive difference in Utah policy and politics. You’ll start off as your town’s city recorder and work your way up through 22 levels to become governor of Freedomville! Along the way, you’ll learn about principles, civility, key issues and how to truly be influential.
1. Join Freedomville either through your Facebook account or by creating a new Freedomville account. Click on the “Sign Up Free” or Facebook buttons at the top right of the page to get started.
2. Once you have joined, it’s time to start moving through the ranks of Freedomville. To become governor, simply read articles, watch videos and take quizzes. You will earn points that will help you move up the leaderboard, and you might even learn a thing or two along the way! You’ll also be eligible for frequent cash and prize giveaways!
3. The most logical way to build your knowledge and progress through Freedomville is in the following order (but you can go in any order you prefer):
- First, go through the “Be Principled” section
- Second, tackle the “Be Civil” section
- Third, start learning about the issues you care most about in the “Be Informed” section
- Fourth, learn how to get involved and make a difference in the policy and political world at the local and state level by going through the “Be Influential” section
- Fifth, continue to add to your knowledge by returning to Freedomville often to complete new tasks and read new articles
Remember to invite your friends and family to play Freedomville as well. The more Utahns get involved, the more powerful our voice will be in helping our state to be a great place to live, work and raise a family!
Below is a list of the 22 levels you need to work through on your way to becoming Governor of Freedomville. The levels follow local, county and state offices to help you become more familiar with these government structures.
- City Recorder
- City Council Member
- City Manager
- Police Chief
- City Mayor
- County Delegate
- County Treasurer
- County Clerk
- County Attorney
- County Assessor
- County Sheriff
- County Judge
- County Commissioner
- State Delegate
- State Representative
- State Senator
- District Judge
- State Speaker of the House
- State Senate President
- State Attorney General
- Lieutenant Governor